(TRAVPR.COM)SCOTLAND - August 3rd, 2012 - The fringe festival is the world largest arts festival and it’s the highlight of the busy Edinburgh festival summer schedule. Last year there were well of a million tickets sold and during the months of the festival the streets of Edinburgh are packed with both tourists and performances.
This time of year is also when the hotel rates in the city are their peak, as the phenomenally high demand for rooms in the city drives the prices of hotel rooms up. It is therefore not uncommon to look at paying well over £150 for a room (and over £250 on weekends).
During the current economic climate it is important to make the most of your money and so we here are Rooms in Edinburgh have come up with a list of 5 hotels that have excellent locations in the city centre of Edinburgh but offer very reasonably priced accommodation.
1. King James by Thistle – One of the best value hotels in the city with a central location just off Princes Street. The hotels best rates are available when you book in advance and during the festival you can get a room for around £111.
2. The Culane Guest House Hotel – A short walk or a bus ride from the city centre, this hotel has a four star rating and has recently had an excellent refurbishment. There is free parking available and accommodation is on a bed and breakfast basis. A double room here is £110.
3. Smart@iQ – Modern accommodation not far from the city centre and walking distance to Fountain Park Leisure complex. The accommodation composes of studio apartments which offer full self catering facilities. The rates are a bit of a bargain at only £89 for 2 persons.
4. The Original Raj Hotel – One of Britain’s first Indian themed hotels it has Indian furniture and a friendly staff. There are direct buses into the city centre or its around a 35minte walk. The rates begin at only £75 for a single room or £120 for a double.
5. SmartCity Hostel – If you are on a really tight budget then why not try a bunk in one of the 4 person dorms they start at only £36 per person and you get a great city centre location and some pretty good facilities including free wireless internet.
If you are thinking of booking any accommodation in Edinburgh during the festival season (August) it is advisable to book as early in advance as possible. There are often reduced rates available for 21 day advance bookings and also due to high demand accommodation availability can be limited.
If you are looking to book a cheap hotels in Edinburgh or other general accommodation then try Rooms in Edinburgh. They have a wide selection of hostels, hotels and apartments in Edinburgh available to book online.
Please contact the person or company listed above for information regarding the content of this press release. TravPR.com are not the issuers of this press release and are not responsible for the accuracy of the content.