There are many national parks and wildlife sanctuaries in India very ideal for wildlife expedition, nature safari, jungle safari, and wildlife tourism. Indian wildlife parks are rich in their flora and fauna. They are worth visit on India tours and important assets of Indian tourism.
(TRAVPR.COM) INDIA - 6th April 2010 - The beautiful country of India boasts a charming wildlife zone. It deserves the attention of wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers from all over the world. There are many national parks and wildlife sanctuaries in India very ideal for wildlife expedition, nature safari, jungle safari, and wildlife tourism. Indian wildlife parks are rich in their flora and fauna. They are worth visit on India tours and important assets of Indian tourism. Here is brief information about top ten national parks of India.
1. Corbett National Park - It is one of the most visited wildlife destinations in the country. It is located in the state of Uttarakhand. Established in 1936, this wildlife park is famous for tigers and other wildlife attracts. It is the home to 50 mammal species, 110 tree species, 25 reptile species and 580 bird species. Accommodation facilities at Corbett are excellent.
2. Kaziranga National Park - Located in the state of Assam, it is a famous wildlife park of India. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Natural Site. It is famous for one-horned rhinos and elephants. It is also home to other wild animals and various species of vegetations and birds. Elephant Safari is worth enjoying attraction of Kaziranga.
3. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary - Located in the state of Kerala, it is one of the most popular wildlife parks of India. It is very famous for Indian elephants. Herds of Indian elephants can be seen near the Periyar Lake. Besides elephants, it is also known for tigers and other wildlife attractions. Tourists can enjoy rich flora and fauna of the park by taking boat cruise over the picturesque Periyar Lake.
4. Sariska Tiger Reserve - It is located in the state of Rajasthan, India. It is a famous wildlife destination known for its tigers and other wild animals. The park supports varied species of flora and fauna. Sariska Palace, Kankwadi Fort, Shiv Temple, etc are other attractions of Sariska Tiger Reserve & National Park of Rajasthan.
5. Gir Lion Sanctuary - Located in the state of Gujarat, it is also known as the Sasan Gir National Park. It is home to a large population of Asiatic lions. It is also haven for around 300 tigers in its vicinity.
6. Kanha National Park - Located in the state of Madhya Pradesh, it a popular very popular wildlife park of India known for housing largest population of tigers in India along with other wildlife attractions including, mammals, reptiles, birds and vegetations.
7. Bandhavgarh National Park - Located in the state of Madhya Pradesh it is a wonderful wildlife destination in India you will love to explore on your wildlife tourism in India. The park is rich its flora and fauna. It is known for housing big population of tigers and other wildlife attractions like mammals, avifauna, reptiles, vegetations, etc. Tourists can explore the park conveniently by exciting jeep safari or elephant safari in the park.
8. Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary - Also known as the Keoladeo Ghana National Park, it is located in the city of Bharatpur in Rajasthan. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is home to varied species of birds along with some of the many wild animals and vegetations. Rickshaw-ride in the sanctuary is a worth enjoyable experience to watch the enchanting birds. It is perhaps the most popular destination for birding in India. In winter season, tourists can see various species of migratory birds including Siberian cranes.
9. Ranthambhore National Park - Located in the northwestern state of Rajasthan, it is one of the most visited and popular wildlife parks. It attracts a large number of wildlife enthusiasts from all over the world. It supports a varied range of wildlife spices including flora and fauna. It is predominantly known for its tiger attractions. Today it is a very ideal destination for not only wildlife travel in Rajasthan but also in India. Here tourists can see the tigers even during the day time.
10. Sunderbans National Park - Located in the state of West Bengal, it is a very favored destination for India tiger tours. It is one of the most popular national parks in India appealing wildlife enthusiasts from all over the world. It is one only one of its kind in the world. It is spread over more than 50 islands and extends into neighboring country of Bangladesh. The park can be only accessed by boat. And the exploring the park & surrounding is truly a thrilling experience which should not be missed on wildlife tours in India. It is the wildlife park in India where tigers know how to swim.